E-mail MeRichard F. Brian
Richard F. Brian a Senior Partner in the Brian Law firm, received a Bachelor of Arts Degree from Western State College of Colorado Summa Cum Laude in 1979 and a Juris Doctorate Degree from the University of Akron school of Law in 1982. While attending law school, Richard interned for the City of Canton Law Department then later joined R.E. Goforth, LPA. In 1983 Richard established the firm of Brian & Brian. His interest in law became apparent after attending numerous undergraduate law courses and he states "I was most influenced by Dr. Robert McGinty at Western State College. Dr. McGinty was my Law Professor as well my counselor."
Richard's role at Brian Law encompasses all Workers Compensation and Social Security cases as well as overseeing a staff of legal Assistants. He and his colleagues consider his greatest accomplishment to be the successful arguing of a cases before the Ohio Supreme Court, which led to a major change in Ohio Workers Compensation Law. The outcome of this case allowed person who were previously denied to file claims.
Richard currently serves on the Ohio Association of Justices Executive Committee, OAJ's Board of Trustees and is the OAJ workers' Compensation Section Vice Chair.
A native of Babenhausen, W. Germany, Richard has resided in Stark County, Ohio since 1970 and resides with his wife and two children. His interests outside of law include golf and boating.
Areas of Practice
- 70% Workers' Compensation
- 30% Social Security Disability
- Administrative Hearings & Adjudication
- Property Damage -- Plaintiff
- Slip and Fall -- Plaintiff
- State Municipal Employees
- Ohio, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1983
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, 2010
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio
- Law Review: University of Akron, Law Review, 1980 - 1979
- Western State College, Gunnison, Colorado
- B.A.summa cum laude
- Major: Business Administration
- Workers' Compensation, OSBA
- Workers' Compensation, OAJ
Honors and Awards
- SuperLawyers, 2010 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 1983 - 2011
- Stark County Bar Association, Member, 1983 - 2011
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Stark County Association for Justice
- National Organization of Security Claimant's Representative